Here are Some Thoughts to Carry You Through the Weekend
I confess to being a collector of quotable phrases. I have pages of them at this point. I enjoy reading them and sharing them.
I offer you today a baker’s dozen from my collection.
Some are profound, some are funny – some are both. They all seem timely. They are food for thought and an antidote to mundane thinking.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. More of this to come in the weeks ahead.
- Hold your heroes to a high standard.
- Be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. Always buy good shoes, tires, and sheets.
- Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
- Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
- Be a good listener. Don’t just take your turn to talk.
- Make Goals.
- In a democracy it’s your vote that counts. In feudalism it’s your count that votes.
- If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. – Will Rogers
- I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.
- I’ve been called worse things by better people.
- Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
- Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
- Don’t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
If you find this blog worthy of your time and curiosity, I invite you to do two things:
(1) Join the conversation. Your voice counts here.
(2) Share the word about this post with friends and colleagues. Share a link in your emails and social media posts. Let’s grow our circle.
8 replies to Quotes to Carry Around
Better late than never.
That is definitely a good one to add to the list, Vanessa.
Great quotes. Thank you, Bill!
Glad you enjoyed them, Cathy. More to come every so often. Don’t be shy about sharing any of your favorites as well.
Two of my favorites –
1. If you don’t like change you’ll like your irrelevance even less. – Gen. Eric Shinesky
2. Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do, and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. – Gen. George S. Patton
Can you tell I grew up in a military family? 😉
Good ones, Linda. Thanks for sharing them. I have a military background myself- both of these quotes sure ring true to me.
Good quotes Bill. Not sure my posts are actually getting posted. My google code might not be correct.
Thanks, Jerry. I’m glad you like them. I think we are getting your posts- I see 3 so far that are posted. Email me if there are any missing and we will hunt them down. I value your comments and would no want to miss or not share any of them.