Here are Some Thoughts to Carry You Through the Weekend
I confess to being a collector of quotable phrases. I have pages of them at this point. I enjoy reading them and sharing them.
I offer you today a baker’s dozen from my collection.
Some are profound, some are funny – some are both. They all seem timely. They are food for thought and an antidote to mundane thinking.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. More of this to come in the weeks ahead.
- Hold your heroes to a high standard.
- Be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. Always buy good shoes, tires, and sheets.
- Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
- Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
- Be a good listener. Don’t just take your turn to talk.
- Make Goals.
- In a democracy it’s your vote that counts. In feudalism it’s your count that votes.
- If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. – Will Rogers
- I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.
- I’ve been called worse things by better people.
- Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
- Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
- Don’t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
If you find this blog worthy of your time and curiosity, I invite you to do two things:
(1) Join the conversation. Your voice counts here.
(2) Share the word about this post with friends and colleagues. Share a link in your emails and social media posts. Let’s grow our circle.